Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

I have a 98 escort sohc 2.0L and can't find the location of

Customer Question

I have a 98 escort sohc 2.0L and can't find the location of the evap purge control valve. The diagram provided for the previous poster is for a 97 model.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: SES, Scan code p0443, so I want to check the evap circuit starting with the purge control.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, If I can believe the thrown code p0443, I should be able to test it and or replace it.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Revs high when started, the settles to norm, then lugs. I also hear a hissing near injector rail/intake manifold (on/off, not continuous). I also have another issue maybe not related.
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't wait, I have an emergency to tend to. Please cancel my inquiry, I'll get back Monday.
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

HI,

It should be along the left inner fender well in the engine compartment

Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.