virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 13 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop

Spark plug is stripped on passenger side 2nd one from the

Customer Question

Spark plug is stripped on passenger side 2nd one from the firewall ....any ideas how to remove it??
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Can't remove spark plug
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I was hoping to change all the spark plugs
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: A spark plug socket
JA: Spark plug problems can be challenging. So many causes, some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all of them. Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Not that I am aware of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.First so I can assist better, can I ask what year, model and engine size your ford has? Also when you say stripped, is the plug still in the cyl just turning or is the plug out but it took the threads with it?Let me know.