Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

The floor is wet in the back passager side : Water is

Customer Question

The floor is wet in the back passager side
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Water is standing inf the floor of the escape.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I can not find the A/C drain
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

Please give me a couple minutes to sign into your vehicle information and I will be right with you.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

What is the year of the Escape? Do you have a sunroof or moonroof on yours model?

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2013 no sun or moonroof
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
is it on the firewall?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

The front A/C one is on the firewall, yes. The rear A/C it is in the shifter area. I am pulling the pics up for you so you can see where they are. Be right back.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

CLICK HERE for a video that another tech in our shop did. This shows you where the front drain is for the front A/C system. He shows in the video where the drain is located on the front HVAC box.

CLICK HERE for a picture of the components for the rear drain for the supplement system. If you open the pdf file up, you can see the drain on the front, left of the system. If you go under the vehicle in that same location, which is about even in the middle to the rear of the driver seat hold down bolts, you can see the drain hole from under the vehicle. Use a coat hanger to push up into the drain to help open it up and have it flow. I believe the 2013 has a little rubber hose tip wit ha pinched in on them like the 2014 and 2015 do. You can look for it as well. They tend to block up at that tip and when you pinch them, they start flowing and the dirt comes out.

CLICK HERE for instructions to get to the drain hose from the top if you need to.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

One other thing I want to point out, while in there, there is a TSB fix on the A/C that you can do and save a lot of money. Since you are under the hood at the air box, go ahead and do this fix.

CLICK HERE for the video on how to cut the sleeve for the evaporator freeze up condition. That can also cause water in the vehicle becasue what happens is the evaporator freezes on one side and the water can only flow out of the back of the air box. This has been a huge complaint and with summer here, we have been doing so much of these that Matt did a video for our customers to be able to do this at home.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?