Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a 2000 Ford F-150, 4-wheel drive. I have no blinkers

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Ford F-150, 4-wheel drive. I have no blinkers and no brake lights.
JA: Have you checked the bulb? Could it be a faulty fuse?
Customer: The bulbs are fine.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: This morning, truck wouldn't start. A couple of hours later, it started as if nothing was wrong. However, as I was driving it, I noticed it did not have blinkers. After I stopped, I realized it had no brake lights either.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked the bulbs and all is good. The fuse box, under the hood and next to the master cylinder, was checked. However, I don't know what they all go to. I have no owner's manual.
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Tested battery and was weak. Hooked up battery charger to charge all night.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

That could be in the switch, if the fuses #13 and #23 in the under hood fuse box are good. There is also a pinpoint test to be sure.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,