Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

I'm trying to find the location of my canister purge

Customer Question

Hello I'm trying to find the location of my canister purge solenoid/valve everyone says it's on the firewall I have a 2012 F150 3.7 liter
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I had a oil change and they read the codes I've been getting check engine lights once in a while the four codes lead to the same thing I took it by the ford dealership and the agreed with it when I go to fill up my tank it only goes to 3/4 of a tank
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with this type of thing. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I can see the only part that looks like the new one I have they said it would run off a vacuum line
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing I was wanting to make sure that there's no other part that lols like that under the hood and if you could tell me the location of it
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.

The EVAP Purge Solenoid is located on the top, front of the intake, just behind the throttle body. Before replacement, make sure to inspect the EVAP Tube for any cracks, holes or loose connections. Inspect the electrical connector for any loose, broken or damaged wires. For an image location view, click here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/9g741y3cs37qo9u/f150-purge.jpg?dl=0

If my answer has helped you, please help me and rate using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.

Sorry for the double-post. I have an image that might help clarify the location a bit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/szfbft7coezbzzd/evap-purge.jpg?dl=0

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and wanted to check in and see how you made out. Did you find the Purge Solenoid? Did you have any other questions on this issue?