Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Trying to track down why my blower isn't working. : blower

Customer Question

trying to track down why my blower isn't working.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: blower quit working. a day or two later, it ran for a trip, then not working since, about a month.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: have checked a few things:
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: have shorted the blower and it works. have metered the resistor and it's fine. have checked the function selector switch (4 points) and it has continuity. Ihefront blower switch is new ands okay. don't seem to have power from the "On" switch to the plug for th lower motor. ???
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kevin Bourcier replied 5 months ago.

Hello . I can assist you with . What is the year and model of your Ford ?