Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

My front driver seat wont move back or forward in my 2011

Customer Question

my front driver seat wont move back or forward in my 2011 ford edge
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the seat moves up and down but not back or forward. I have tried raising and lowering the seat but that is not working
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: just raising and lowering the back of the seat
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.First off so I can better assist you, may I ask is yours the power seat or manual?Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
power seat
I figured from your description. :-). Do you have a volt meter?Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If you unplug the motor under the seat and hook your volt meter into the two wires on the harness side and and activate the switch both ways and see if you have battery voltage. If you do the motor is bad. If you don't then there are other issues. Let me know what you findThanks
Sonny
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny