Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

My 2008 ford edge with sun roof roof willclose about6" from

Customer Question

my 2008 ford edge with sun roof roof willclose about6" from closed in auto mode. its like it forgot where closed pos. is trac is cleaned and lubed
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I don't what else to say the vehicle did have dead batt some time back new batt is installed
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes since was a ford mechback in 70's
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: clean and lube trackj nothing binding is there a reset opperation for this
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so you will want to rate me with EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

If you keep pressing the close button will the glass go ahead and fully close, and if not will it close with help?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Your right it does close ifyou hol the button
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
isit because the computer forgot closed is?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If computer forgot how do we wake nit up?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Moose I worked as Ford the 1970's I left ford to be a milwright working on computer controled mach. I also have a nnick name . Mine is Jimbo

Lets try an initialization to see if that resolves the concern prior to looking into a track issue.

Try these steps and let me know.

At the top of your screen you will see 1-5 stars and a green submit button. You have already paid all the fees, now its time to rate the answer. Rating pays me from your deposit. I am only paid through not by the website if you rate me. Don't worry about a follow up later if needed, they are free and I welcome them. Ask me about a phone call if you prefer that service.

Thanks Chris