Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Replaced the whole canister with vent valve assembly on a 05

Customer Question

replaced the whole canister with vent valve assembly on a 05 f250. still has slow fill problem.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so you will want to rate me with EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

I assume this is a gas Super Duty?

Did you inspect the filler neck for an obstruction?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
super duty. did not inspect for restrictions
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
25 yrs in auto repair biz

Thanks, the vent valve you replaced, was that the one that goes into the top of the fuel tank?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we replaced canister assembly motorcraft pn# ***** 9d653 f. which incorporates the vent valve. havent pulled tank yet.

Thanks, ***** ***** to disconnect the vent tube then attempt a fuel fill to see if the concern is still there. If it is then its a restriction in the filler neck or the valve on the top of the tank where the EVAP vapor line connects. If the truck does not have the bed on it and this is occurring it can be the routing of the hoses to blame. Do you need the tank removal steps?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the top of your screen you will see 1-5 stars and a green submit button. You have already paid all the fees, now its time to rate the answer. Rating pays me from your deposit. I am only paid through not by the website if you rate me. Don't worry about a follow up later if needed, they are free and I welcome them. Ask me about a phone call if you prefer that service.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we will drop the tank in the morning ,thanks and will get back with results then.

Super, thanks for the update.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
gonna get back to the f 250 a bit later today will contact you with results then thanks

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
both vents are clear on top of tank. blew out all related hoses. installing tank now ,and will try and gas up later. what does ford do to solve this problem

Normally I find the filler neck collapsed, the vent valve on the tank stuck or the canister faulty. I have an 06 and 08 both V10 and both do it intermittent like once every 10 fill ups. I have not repaired mine since its intermittent.

Are you still in need of help?

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris