Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

My car stopped running on way at 100 km and will not start

Customer Question

My car stopped running on hiway at 100 km and will not start again , all lights on dash work when key is on but won,t start .
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The only other problem was the door locks , and the anti theft remote won,t work it keeps blowing fuse #63
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I changed fuses and batteries in both remotes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: No not really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the starter engaging to crank over the engine at all and the engine is not starting or is the starter not engaging to crank over the engine with this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The engine is not cranking over
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Do you have any after market components installed like a remote start or alarm system at all?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We have door remote and antitheft
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Did the fuse issue occur at the same time as the no start issue and stall out issue that occurred or are these separate times that this had occurred here?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The remote did,not work from the start we replaced batteries ,then replaced fuse #63 and as soon as we used remote fuse blew
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

O.k.,unfortunately this is a difficult question for me to answer myself here but others here may have more info to assist with this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thank you ,l"ll wait for response.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so you will want to rate me with EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Do you still need help, and would you like me to try.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris