Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

2003 Ford F-150 turn signal, hazard, and brake lights 't

Customer Question

2003 Ford F-150 turn signal, hazard, and brake lights don't work. Flasher relay
JA: Working brake lights are so important for a safe drive. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with will have just the tips you need for a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: All the items stopped working at the same time, but it all started following a fishing trip. Could be related to putting the boat into the water.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I wanted to check for some advise online before guessing. What I've been seeing is check the flasher relay. I've also seen something about a wiring harness being to short and this problem stemming from having the steering wheel in the lowest position which is where I usually keep it since I'm a pretty short girl.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. Just looking online
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The flasjer/turn signals share the same power source and the break light have its own separate source. The turn signal and flasher do not affect the break lights. There are 3 fuse you need to check first before you do anything. The fuse to check are the F2-23 fuse , the F2-13 fuse and the F2-15 fuse all located in the interior fuse panel. Check these first and make sure none are blown and post back with the results and we can work from there.