Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1995 ford mustang starts to buck violently then cruise

Customer Question

1995 ford mustang starts to buck violently then cruise fine-stalls more and more now-just had valve job-mechanic thought cam sensor failure ?????(synchronizer?
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery?
Customer: 1 year
JA: Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: at light or driving any terrain
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I was letting the car warm up for 8-10 minutes and had no problems for a week but it came back-would be driving fine then just start bucking like the engine would fall out-pull over-then start off fine--
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no
JA: OK! The Ford Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: its a mustang convertible that looks great-just did valve job-runs smooth except for problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** your check engine light on? What engine do you have? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6 cylinder- yes for engine light
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Does the check engine light ever flash? Do you know what diagnostic codes you are getting? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no flashing-no to codes(?)
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
You can have codes checked at your local pars store for free, lets start with that. Once you check codes, write them down and let me know what they are. THanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do that today-thanks Dan
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, I'll talk to you then.