Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

My radio up popped and cracked through the speakers. no

Customer Question

my radio up popped and cracked through the speakers. no buttons will work and the clock is just flashing.
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: yes all of them are good
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the radio does not work its been popping everyonce in a while over the past week. last night it would not stop popping through the speakers. now it does not power on and the clock blinks
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked the fuses
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no issues just his one
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

Ok, I need to know the year and model of your Ford

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2013 f150
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
its just the basic radio
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

Ok, it is about 99% guaranteed that it is an internal short in the audio unit and you will either need to send it out for repair or replace it.

All you can do yourself is verify that there are no wires shorting against each other at the connectors. You will need to remove the center finish panel(see attached) and then you can unbolt and remove the audio unit and check the wiring and repair if any are shorting against each other(wires will be bare or cut). If ok as I suspect, then the audio unit will need to be either sent out for repair or replaced

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
do you have copy of the wiring diagram
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

Here they are

Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Please note that your expert pays for requested directions out of pocket for your benefit. Failure to give a positive rating means that the expert will no longer be able to provide this service at substantial savings to you

Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?