Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2005 Windstar with a broken rear door handle

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Windstar with a broken rear door handle broken. How do i get this open to repair
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: there is no key for the rear hatch , when trying to open it the handle broke off in my hand and there is no way to open it so i can repair
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes Iam
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried taking off the rear section for the license plate holder to see inside but i am afraid of breaking it
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no i just want to how to get it open
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 6 months ago.

Hi. To get the rear hatch open, you are going to have to remove the interior trim panel of the door from the inside. It is not the easiest thing to do, but that is what will have to be done if you want it open.

Hi. You have viewed my response but have not responded. DO you need any more help with your van?