A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

My ac quit working, I have spent over 500 in repairs to

Customer Question

My ac quit working, I have spent over 500 in repairs for it to still not work, dealership said 1/2 of my fuse box is working, can this happen
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It just quit working, new ac compressor and still nothing, new diode, still nothing. Drivers floorboard is wet
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes dealership said half of my fuse box is working and half isnt, can this be or is it something else
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Néw ac compressor, new diode
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 6 months ago.
What year and model Ford are you working on?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2005 f150 supercrew, took it to dealer today and they said my fuse box only half is working
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Drivers floorboard is wet and ac will work if wired to a toggle switch
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you still there
Please give me time to respond. The drivers floor board is wet from what, rain? Water leak?The fuse box for the dash is on the passenger side behind the kick panel. Is it wet on the passenger side floor board also?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Rain I guess, and no passenger side is dry
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We have the fuse panel out the dealer says only half the fuse box is working and is the cause could this be
Very possibly. The AC system has 5 fuses in the dash fuse box, called the central junction box, that controls power to the AC system. I have seen the fuse boxes fail and cause numerous electrical issues. There are circuit boards in the fuse box that can easily be damaged by moisture, shorts and power surges.