Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2005 Ford Explorer 4.0L V6. AC blows hot air and, at random,

Customer Question

2005 Ford Explorer 4.0L V6. AC blows hot air and, at random, it intermittently blows cold air. When AC blows cold air, it could be for a period of hours or several days before AC reverts to blowing hot air. AC system has full AC charge 100 psi at ambient temp. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

When this occurs are you still able to change the temp from hot to outside air temp or is it stuck on full heat?

Auto or manual climate control?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not quite sure...I live in the Phoenix AZ area --it's nothing but hot air (smile). I do think I am able to change the temp to outside air. When the AC is functioning blowing cold air, I am able to change the temp from AC to outside air, to heat, and back to AC. Thank you sir.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 months ago.

Can you double check it in the morning. Outside air temp would be around 95 I assume, full heat would be around 150 degrees. I must know if the blend door is working to see if the AC system has the issue. Also with the AC commanded on but not working, under the hood on the passenger side at the firewall are the AC lines freezing cold?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Good morning,I followed your instructions. When I checked the system, the outside temp was 86. The heater was turned on and that system was working fine on all settings. I turned the AC and changed the settings (max cold air/ non max settings) -- it was blowing cold air. I let it run about 5 minutes on max setting and the interior temp was cold but not as cold as experienced before the problem started. The AC lines at the firewall were quite cold but not freezing. Because the AC system is working (blowing cold air), I was not able to check the AC lines with the "AC command on but not working." When the AC system stops blowing cold air is when I would be able to check the AC lines at the firewall. Thanks.

Thanks for the update.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Chris I apologize for going silent. I had an emergency family situation that had me traveling across country and I was unable to focus on anything but my family member's situation. Im back home now. I looked for the answer but didn't see one posted. Pleas provide the answer to the problem. Thank you.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

As of right now I am still needing more info. My last post and your last post are shown below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/answer.png