Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

I have a 1999 Ford Taurus. Light on dash keeps blinking and

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Ford Taurus. Light on dash keeps blinking and car won't turn over when trying to start. Battery is charged and fine. Am I having a security problem and can I override or disable this?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 6 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you.
Based on your description, it seems that you do have a security problem. Unfortunately, there is no way to disable this system nor is there a way to work on it without the use of factory-level scan equipment. Normally, what must be done in order to remedy this problem would be to take it to the dealership and have them diagnose and test the car (it would have to be towed due to the no-start condition). At this point, they would be able to program it with 2 new keys (2 keys required to add or program keys). The good news is, depending on the problem that exists in the system, a locksmith may be able to do this job for you, at your house, for a lot less money. I suggest calling around local locksmiths and getting quotes. I have done this before at my aftermarket shop and been charged around $150 for 2 keys and the labor to cut and program them whereas at the dealership it is not uncommon for it to me more than double.
Hi, this is Josh checking in. Do you have any further questions about this problem? If so, please don't hesitate to ask. And please remember to leave a positive rating!