James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

I have a 2007 Ford Focus, and the passenger side high beam

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Ford Focus, and the passenger side high beam headlight is not working. I've replaced the light, but there is no electricity in the wire going to the high-beam filament. The high beam relay operates properly because the driver's side high beam works. My owner's manual says there is a fuse for low beam left and low beam right. They both work, but I find no listing for fuses for high beam left and right. Please help. Jim
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've checked the function of the relay, changed the lightbulb, and checked for voltage at the light bulb connections. There is none. I'd like to check the passenger side high beam fuse, but my owner's manual does not list one. Please help.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.
If fuse 23 is ok and the driver side works then you have a broken wire between the fuse panel and passenger side high beam. You will need to locate and repair the break. If you have further questions please let me know. Also please remember to rate my answer so I receive credit for assisting you.