James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Driver window horn and drivers mirror not working JA:

Customer Question

Driver window horn and drivers mirror not working
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Just bought the car and found they didn't work. The stereo is missing but doubt the wiring there is a problem. Wondering if it a fuse or breaker.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Check fuses, checked wire connections
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 6 months ago.
Hello, what kind of vehicle is this on.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2003 Mustang
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Will I receive the answer here?
Expert:  James replied 6 months ago.
You will I cant be online all of the time. Please give me a moment to look up the information.
Expert:  James replied 6 months ago.
I did a lot of digging for commonalities and there really aren't any. Fuse 16 controls the horn. As for the window and mirror not working I would first inspect the door wiring for a break in the wiring. If the driver side window doesn't work going up or down it could be the window motor. If you have a multi meter I can help you do some testing to isolate the concerns.