Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have a 2013 F-150 XLT Eco Boost w/55k miles. I pushed the

Customer Question

I have a 2013 F-150 XLT Eco Boost w/55k miles. I pushed the gas pedal to the floor to accelerate and the check engine light flashed with a momentary loss in power. Light extinguished after 30 secs or so. I drove for another 50 miles with no light. I am currently on vacation 500 miles from home. Can I drive home to fix, or do I need to fix immediately if the CEL is off?
Please respond to***@******.***
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.
We have a couple of these eco boost f150s in our fleet and we have had the random check engine light illumination issue ourselves. Typically it's been a minor problem with a control valve in the turbo, but on one occasion we had to replace the turbo it self. I would say you are probably fine to keep driving if the check engine light didn't stay on. That means that the problem isn't currently happening.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for the timely response.
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.
Please let me know if you need additional info.
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.
Please let me know if you need additional information.Don't forget to rate. That's how JustAnswer compensates us for our time.