Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

How do I get wires from electric brake control to the

Customer Question

How do I get wires from electric brake control to the battery on a ford 2001 e150
Category: Ford
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 10 months ago.
Hi there.If you're referring to how to run the wires from inside the cab to the engine compartment, some professionals will run the wires though the bulkhead/firewall using any existing empty cavity in the factory connector. Other accepted installations include drilling a hole through the bulkhead/firewall and installing a grommet/seal so the wires can be run through without suffering any damage to their insulation - some aftermarket kits might include these grommets.Instructions on how power and ground are connected should be included with the brake control package, but, if missing, I could provide that information as well - just let me know the type, brand and model number of the electric brake control you're trying to install.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Control modal 47210 Hopkins
When I look-up 47210 Hopkins what comes up is a 7-blade trailer connector, not a module. Is that correct?
Please click here for a link to the Hopkins web site.