Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I just bought a used 2006 explorer and need to find keyless

Customer Question

I just bought a used 2006 explorer and need to find keyless entry code
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: just need the location of code only have one key
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: just online info to many answers trying to narrow it down
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: not at this time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ironmike replied 5 months ago.
greetings, I have many used vehicles at the ford dealership that needed the keyless entry code. They are usually in a card on the inside of the owners manual. If they are lost or have been changed To access the security system the dealership tech will use a diagnostic tool(IDS) the same tool is needed to program new keys if you want to make a duplicate. This might be able to be done with a locksmith with the same access, independent shops can purchase the ford IDS software to do repairs like this.
Expert:  Ironmike replied 5 months ago.
I have seen and recovered many keyless entry codes. Most are not changed.