Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I own a 2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71 Police Interceptor.

Customer Question

I own a 2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71 Police Interceptor. PROBLEM: I have a problem turning on my front head lights. SUMMARY: When I turn the headlights switch on, only the front and rear running lights come on... no head lights. The only way I can operate the head lights (while parked or driving), is to continuous hold the high-beam lever back on the left-side turn-signal switch and the high-beam lights will function. If I let the high-beam lever fall back to their previous position... both head lamps turn off. REMEDY: I checked all fuse boxes for blown fuses. Local mechanic says I need to replace the LCM (Light Control Module) adjacent to car's internal fuse box. Advice?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,The most common cause for the loss of headlamps on your 2003 Crown Vic is in most cases caused by a failing LCM (lighting control module) and in order to verify if that is the case you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the test steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. have also enclosed the replacement steps in this link if needed. You can find it under the dash just above the gas pedal.