Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

The fuel pump doesn't come on. Car ran fine Friday then

Customer Question

The fuel pump doesn't come on. Car ran fine Friday then Saturday morning the car turns over but doesn't start. I've checked the fuse and relay under the hood. I've also pulled the power leads from the pump in the tank and connected a new pump. I turned the key to start and nothing. I then applied 12 volts to the terminals of the pump and it came on.
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: What I tried is in my previous post.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can I get the year, make, model, and engine?