Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a 2002 Ford Escape with the V6 battery is charged but

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Ford Escape with the V6 battery is charged but it will not try to turn over
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Don't know what more I can tell you if all they're trying to start the vehicle and it won't turn over
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Battery has fire not finding any voltage at battery
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 5 months ago.
Just so I completely understand your problem, the battery is fully charged, but when you try to start it by turning the key, nothing happens?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do the headlights come on and the instrument cluster light up? Does the radio turn on?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Headlights no
But the radio turns on with the key and the instrument cluster lights up when the key is turned on?