Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

Changed my battery and my 09 f-150 wont start JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

Changed my battery and my 09 f-150 wont start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Thank you
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Attempting to, but I have been working on this for 2 days
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: I attempted to replace the starter but I couldn't reach the third bolt on the top. I put it back and connected it the exact way I found it and tried to start it wouldn't start. Replaced the battery and it still won't start
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Is the theft light flashing? What was the reason for changing the battery?

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The theft light was blinking and I changed it because the cold cranks was down to 127
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

That is low. Was the starter rotating prior to this issue? Did the vehicle start at all after the battery was replaced?

Does the theft light stop blinking after a few seconds or does it just keep blinking?

I ask these questions because it sounds like when you removed the battery, you wiped the PATS settings in the vehicle and the vehicle will need the keys programmed back to it. Ford is really bad about on this issues with all their vehicles. We will plug in to the cigar lighter to keep the power to the vehicle when we change out a battery to prevent this issue. That is how common the problem is.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?