Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

We have replaced the engine in our ford ranger pickup as the

Customer Question

We have replaced the engine in our ford ranger pickup as the old one over heated and seized it is a3.0 d engine it came from hills salvage it turns over but won't run engine is ok coz it runs on arostart ok just does not seem to be getting fuel is there a relay for the fuel pump
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have checked all the fuses and electric plugs that go onto engine
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.
Hello Yes there is a relay for the fuel pump and a fuel pump inertia switch? Have you checked the inertia switch for being tripped on the inside below the glove box on the firewall? No fuel pressure at the rail?