James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

I have battery power, alarm works, electric door locks work,

Customer Question

I have battery power, alarm works, electric door locks work, etc... Upon attempting to start my f150, it does not even try to turn over. The only result is a clicking noise coming from the solenoid on the firewall
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes ma'am
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive tried jumping across using a screwdriver, ive tested my starter which the motor in the starter seems to be spinning fine, the only thing i have not tried was cleaning all of the connections
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: It is a 1995 4.9 I6 f150
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.
Hello, do you have a test light so you can see if the starter has failed?