James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

I have a 2016 Mustang GT with a C0062 code, Longitudinal

Customer Question

I have a 2016 Mustang GT with a C0062 code, Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor. Do you know where the sensor is? The dealer can't find the part or location in their data base.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Car was is an accident (looked like it slid and hit the left side) and we repaired the left rear suspension and also had to replace the left front rim. Alignment checks out ok.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm the auto tech at a body shop.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.
Hello, please give me a moment and I can find out. It is either in the rcm or it can be stand alone. I'm pretty confident it is in the RCM or restraint control module.
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.
On this model it is in the RCM module. It should be covered under warranty for repair.
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.
Hello, can I still off you assistance with this concern?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.
You are welcome. Please remember to rate my answer so I receive credit for assisting you.