Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Trying to strt rough rnning wont cztch starting fluid in pvc

Customer Question

trying to strt rough rnning wont cztch starting fluid in pvc line helps but won't catch does this when hot or run for a while not on short trips
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: turns over fine won't ctch like fuel or spark issue
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: trying not to bestuck here have started it before when this happened by flooring it
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! What is the year, make, model and engine of the vehicle you are working on?__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2003 wvlve fittingindstar 3.8 engine runs very rough won't ctch trying to start engine was hot hs happend before but got started by flooring it... runs briefly when spraying starter fluid into PVC
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.
I don't work on minivans so I will opt out.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.
Hello, this is a 2003 ford windstar witha 3.8 liter engine? It starts and stalls or tries to start but wont fire up? Do you have fuel pressure to the rail?