HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I HAVE A 94 AODE RESENTLY REBUILT THAT CHUGLES IN OD JA:

Customer Question

I HAVE A 94 AODE RESENTLY REBUILT THAT CHUGLES IN OD
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: RESENT REBUILD WHEN IN OD AT 50 TO 70 WANTS TO SHIFT BACK AND FORTH UNDER VERY LIGHT THROTTLE
JA: How old is your battery? When was the last tune up?
Customer: BATTERY 1 YEAR NEWLY INSTALLED ENGINE FULL TUNE UP WITH INJECTOR CLEAN
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: CHECKED FOR CODES NONE CHECKED FLUID NOT BURNT NOT LOW
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: 40 INCH TIRES THAT WERE ON BEFORE THE REBUILD STOCK GEAR RATIO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.
Hello, does the trans seem to upshift correctly. Shift timing good inbetween gears? No overdrive lamp flashing?Did you do the rebuild or a shop do it? Did you have this problem before the rebuild or after?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
tranny shifts good all the way up no lamp flashing , don't know about before rebuild od was burnt up for long time, tranny was bench built at local vender
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.
Ok Either an issue with the valve body, a valve hanging up, worn check ball(plastic) allowing fluid to bypass and disengage. Or an internal problem with the direct clutch slipping would e main things to check, all back with the build of the unit
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.
Hello do you need more help with this concern?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.
Hello do you need more help?