Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

I have a 2004 Ford f250 crew cab. My four wheel drive will

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Ford f250 crew cab. My four wheel drive will not turn on. My local mechanic has changed the switch on dash and replaced motor underneath truck. Light won't come on dash. When we replaced 4x4 motor, the light came on, but when we switched to two high the light went off and wouldn't come on when switched to 4x4 high. Is there something I can do next?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

With the original concern was it verified that the transfer case was not engaging (front driveshaft not turning) or a wheel hub concern (front drive shaft turning but axles not engaging hubs)? Were there any codes in the 4X4 module?

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again,

I was reviewing some of my older questions and noticed I was never compensated for this question because it was not rated. If it was your intention to not rate me and use my services free of charge then I will accept that as a free service I provided and move on.

Thanks,

Kenny Z