Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

I need info to replace ignition coil and sparks plug JA: How

Customer Question

i need info to replace ignition coil and sparks plug
JA: How many miles on the car? How is the battery running?
Customer: miles 57147 battery ok
JA: What is the model of your '55147 Ford?
Customer: 2009 ford edge limited
JA: When was your last tune up?
Customer: no info on tune up
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: have parts on hand and trying to figure location of ignition col in vehicle.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.

Do you know which cylinder needs the replacement coil and plug?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.

Ok. This vehicle has individual ignition coils. Meaning each spark plug has it's own coil. Was there a reason you want to replace the coil and plug? Did you have a "P-Code" pointing to this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can we continue w/my problem.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i had scan and they want to replace ignition coil and sparks plug - scan done at ford dealer.
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

You need to call the dealer and ask which coil needs replacing,unless you want to replace all 6. Maybe look at the repair order, it might state which coil. Then I can give you instructions for replacing.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello there, any one on line
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 6 months ago.

Are you not seeing these replies??

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 6 months ago.

You need to call the dealer and ask which coil needs replacing, unless you want to replace all 6. Maybe look at the repair order, it might state which coil. Then I can give you instructions for replacing.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the suspected codes P0297 overspeed, P0301 cylinder #1 missfire detected, P1500 VSS sensor. i need info to repace #1 coil and spark plugs.
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 6 months ago.

OK thanks. #1 is on the firewall side of the engine, closest to the passenger side. The intake manifold needs to be removed to access the rear 3 cylinders. Click the links below for instructions. Don't forget to replace the intake gaskets.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/znxkm2byis7cqqu/plugs.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxorwl5s63b98gt/intake.pdf?dl=0

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again,

If you need further assistance please feel free to reply and we can continue. Otherwise please take a moment to rate my answer as you see fit. After rating, the thread is still available should you need further assistance. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Thanks,

Kenny Z

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again,

Is there any reason you keep viewing the thread but not willing to rate my answer?

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 6 months ago.

Last Viewed ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at ‎8‎:‎23‎:‎14‎ ‎AM 10 hr(s) 57 minute(s) ago??

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again,

I was reviewing some of my older questions and noticed I was never compensated for this question because it was not rated. If it was your intention to not rate me and use my services free of charge then I will accept that as a free service I provided and move on.

Thanks,

Kenny