Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

One of my 2006 ford f-150 stx headlights was cracked. I

Customer Question

one of my 2006 ford f-150 stx headlights was cracked. I purchased spyder headlights and replaced them both. the headlights work as well as the high beams but my blinkers do not. they just click on and off rapidly as if they were dying inside the car on my panel but do not blink externally on either side. I've asked and no one seems to have the time or know why. I do have rear blinkers. I'm not sure where I couldve gone wrong since just the three plugs (what does that 3rd interior light bulb do? fog light? cuz mine are two circles below!). Please help me fix my blinkers so I don't get pulled over again!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Did you replace these with the factory light assemblies or an after market system? Let me know,thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
spyder headlights - custom fit (after market)
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Pete :)
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Were they made for your model or just a general light for allot of different models?Were there any after market wiring instructions that came with them?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They were made for model. No instructions with them. they had a video on their website and instructions
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just remove headlight, bulbs, replace, put back
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
to be sure your old ones did work properly am I correct?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The old ones worked fine. One got water in it & was cracked but they never stopped working
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Do you have a test light or multi meter for testing electrical at all? Let me know,thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
O.k.,looking at the diagram on this model here you have separate signals coming out of the multi function turn signal switch for the front and rear turn signal lights.Since the rear do work properly and if these after market lights just plugged into your vehicles harness this to me would indicate the issue is in the multi function switch itself with it needing replaced.The other components tied into the turn signal operation for the front lights also works the rear lights and since the rear are working this to me indicates these are o.k.I dont see this as a ground issue either since both left and right front turn signal lights use different ground sources.So the issue here is either the lights are not compatible with your model or you would need to contact the company you bought them from to see if they have a special way they should be wired to your vehicle and if this is all o.k. and connected properly then the turn signal switch is the cause here needing replaced.It sounds like the other bulbs you have in this light assembly may be park lights.This will have to be tested further to be sure that this is the cause here before having anything replaced and will require a multi meter or test light to do this testing. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete