Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

What is the fuel pressure rail reading 4.6f150 2000 JA: How

Customer Question

what is the fuel pressure rail reading 4.6f150 2000
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you had the fuel pressure tested recently? Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 249000 , truck running rough juking when driving
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: clean map sensor, EGR value, throttle body, throttle sensor/install new plugs and plug boots/ check fuel rail pressy
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: check fuel rail pressure its 30 psi, clean one furl injector
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 5 months ago.
Hello, Eddie here, the spec engine running is 28-45 psi. Key on Engine off, is 35-45 psi. Can you check it Key on Engine off? Is the check engine light on now when running? If so, have you checked the codes yet?