AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

P2104 problem, have new TB, TPS, motor drive & pedal

Customer Question

P2104 problem, have new TB, TPS, motor drive & pedal assembly. TPS voltage is 1.26v TB recalibrated. What else could it be?
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. How does the engine run? How does it accelerate? How does it idle? Are there any other codes in the computer?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Isles fine, accelerates well but if I lift my foot off the gas at 100mph it immediately throws up the wrench light and goes into limp mode. If I re-start the car everything is as normal. No other codes.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
The reason I ask is because there have been repoorted cases of the ignition system (spark plugs or ignition coils) going bad back feeding into the PCM causing throttle body codes.. like this one.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
The only other possible cause would be a wiring issue going to the throttle body.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a wasted spark system on the V6. Cool & leads all new.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Ok, then I would be checking the wiring to the throttle body. Do you need some info on that?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have checked for breaks and corrosion. Voltage reads ok on TB.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Ok, then the PCM is bad and needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How can I check the PCM? I have discharged the capacitors and re-flashed the tune.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
The only way to check the PCM is with a factory scanner or a lab scope.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, I have an oscilloscope but I have no schematic or signal info? What is the procedure?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
You would need to watch the circuits between the PCM and throttle body for any spikes or dips in the voltage. I can send you a wiring diagram.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Here you go!
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
I am glad I can help! It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, but what if there is no spike? Where do I go from there?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Replace the PCM
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ūüėě
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
You are most welcome! Have a great night and please dont forget to rate. You should see the rating system towards the bottom of the page.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.