Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Installed a new battery at Autozone. Engine surges, and dies

Customer Question

Installed a new battery at Autozone. Engine surges, and dies when stopping quickly or turning all the way to the left or right. Put in a new fuel filter, and air filter, no help. Thanks,
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 171,000 not as good as when I bought it.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Will try, but I am not a mechanic. No engine light.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford? OK! The Ford Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right.
Customer: No there is not.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  6Bucs replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** tell me the year and model Ford you have?James
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I wrote that in the question, but I will repeat...2005 Ford F150 with a 4.6 V8 engine. BTW, this is only ONE question, and I don't want to be charged again...I paid for one, but got charged for two. Thanks. Daniel.
Expert:  6Bucs replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. The model didn't come up on my screen. Has the throttle body been cleaned recently?