James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

On an 08 f250 with a 6.4 powerstroke would it be possible to

Customer Question

On an 08 f250 with a 6.4 powerstroke would it be possible to have the flex plate bolted on in the wrong position and cause a vibration that shakes the whole truck?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.
Hello, the flex plate has an index pin so it should only be able to go on one way. If the incorrect bolts or mixture of bolts can cause a vibration.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well i dont remember it having an index pin anyways i will give a little more info on what i have done. So i had to remove the engine and install a new camshaft lifters and rockers arms because of a bad lifter that had worn a lobe on the camshaft so before i pulled the engine and did all of that it didnt have the vibration the only issue it had was the popping in the intake and the vibration is right from idle on up and gets worse the higher the rpms and just feels like something is out of balance
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.
Was the crankshaft pulley removed?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it wasn't
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.
If the pin fell out from the flex plate mounting pin fell out it can be out of balance.