James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

Driving down the road the truck starts to running rough like

Customer Question

Driving down the road the truck starts to running rough like there is starving for fuel. I pull over and wait 5 mins than its fine again for a while. after a few time of this the truck ran 1000 miles before doing it again. when this happens I have a couple of code for 1,4 and 6 injector balance.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Thanks
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: no that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have change both fuel filters already
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.
Hello, what year and engine is in this vehicle?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2006 6.0
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** like the frame mounted fuel pump is failing causing your concern. Low fuel pressure is the number one cause of injector failure. When it begins to run rough I would see if it stalls. If the vehicle stalls remove the top fuel filter housing and see if its empty. If its empty the fuel pump has failed.