Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

2006 ford five hundred over heats gauge never tells me its

Customer Question

2006 ford five hundred over heats gauge never tells me its hot and fans do not turn on. fan motors tested good new temp sensor new thermostat now what?
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Is there coolant circulation?
Customer: it is coming out of reserve tank
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: what else can i tell you car runs good until i come to a stop then it over heats
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i changed temp sensor because gauge does not show hot . i changed thermostat still no change.
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Does the temp gauge work?What sign are you getting that its overheating?With the AC on is the coolant fan running?