Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles

2002 Taurus no crank no start. No power at pin #1 on PCM relay.

Customer Question

2002 Taurus no crank no start. No power at pin #1 on PCM relay. Engine starts when jumping pins 3 and 5.
JA: The mechanics can certainly get you off to the right "start" -- sorry! Sometimes I can't help myself;-) Seriously, though, the mechanics are real masters when it comes to fixing things, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for this. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: No communication with ECM from diagnostic link. All fuses seem to be good. Swapping out relays made no difference.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: That's all I've tried
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Instrument cluster issues. Speedometer starts at 30 mph going from a stop or when engine is off, seems to work ok just 30 mph off. Tachometer is at about 1000 rpms when engine is off, works erratically
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.
hey ,sorry to hear about your problem .If you have no communication from the DLC and the fuse for dlc is good , then pull ur pcm off after you disconnect battery and physically look at it for evidence water intrusion and see if has screws around the edges where u can open it and look inside the circuit board to see for any burned spots on it
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Correction......Rechecked fuses, communication restored. Only code is ABS....ABS light has been flashing for some does not start now when pins 3 and 5 are jumped.
ok which fuse did u replace that was bad do you know which circuit it was ? and after you replaced the fuse then the jumping of relay stop from starting it ?
can you tell be what is the ABS code left in the system ,did u scan & retrieve the code what was it?
Unplug your ABS pump electrical connector and try to start it ,offcourse insert the relay you pulled out and try to start it normal and see if there is any change and let me know?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, but I had a medical emergency come up. Might be a few days before I can get back to the car.
no problem , sorry to hear that, good luck. let me know .