Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a 05 ford escape. It cranks but won't start. I'm

Customer Question

Hi I have a 05 ford escape. It cranks but won't start. I'm getting the code p0193. Can the crank no start issue be because of the pressure sensor being bad?
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The pump is sending fuel and I already replaced the battery
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fuel pressure test, tested for spark, and scanned the ecm.
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Before it didn't want to start itso idle was high and it's a 3.0 liter v6
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 5 months ago.
Hi,So it appears to be getting spark and fuel right?Will it run if you spray supplemental fuel in the intake? Starting fluid works great for this test.