Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

Thank you, ***** ***** stopped working..all other windows

Customer Question

Hi, Thank you, ***** ***** stopped working..all other windows work .
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: all other window work from their own door and also from the drivers door..just not driver window..
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: googled problem, brought me to you.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
From what you are describing here, it sounds like the window motor has failed or there is a problem with the window regulator. First, remove the door panel to gain access and have a look at the regulator. If the cables on the regulator are night tight and appear to look "unwound" then the regulator will need to be replaced. If the regulator looks ok, unplug the electrical connector to the motor and apply a quick 12v. If the motor responds, then the problem lies in the electrical connector or harness between the motor and the switch. If the motor does not respond, the motor will need to be replaced. For an image view of the window components, click here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzat08i40pwdo94/ford-door.jpg?dl=0If my answer has helped you, please help me and rate using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know! You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pam! I noticed this thread was still open and wanted to check in and see how you made out? Did you have any other questions on this issue?