Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner

I am Fernando Garcia. I've been having trouble with

Customer Question

Hello, I am Fernando Garcia. I've been having trouble with my car, it's a Ford Taurus of 2001. I think there is pressure in the gas tank that does not let me fill the tank correctly. What happens is that when I fill it looks like its full but is not and the gasoline from the bomb doesn't flow.
JA: Fortunately, the mechanics here speak car like it's their native tongue. They're great at sussing out problems -- including fuel-related ones -- and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the right mechanic. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, I'm not. Just trying to find out the problem
JA: OK! The Ford Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No, that would be it. thank you for your help and your time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.This is usually caused by a bad Evap Purge Solenoid.It should be about a 200 dollar repair at a dealer. I would think you could get it done for 125 or so at a locally owned independent shop.Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. Thanks