Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

Ford Focus SE: I have a 2001 ford focus se... Is there anyway

Customer Question

I have a 2001 ford focus se... Is there anyway to make the coil pack spark by bypassing it.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Unfortunately no you can;t bypass the coil to make it spark. It is controlled by the PCM for the timing of when to spark and for what cylinder. When the PATS system activates, it shuts that down and the fuel pump down to prevent the theft of the car. I wish it was that easy to bypass for that would save a lot of tow bills, but the system is locked down pretty good to not allow that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well then how could I bypass the scurilock on my 2001 ford focus without a key I watched a youtube video there is a way to but dident understand it can you help me
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

The only way I know how is with this video. Otherwise, there is no realy way to do so without hacking half the car.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I watched the video you told me to watch and if I do what the video showed me this will bypasd the pats or scurilock on my 2001 ford focus and make my car be able to run. Cause of right now when I try and start the car it dont do nothing the dash lights come on but thats it it dont turn the starter over
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

That video is the only way I know how. I usually will just get a key and program it on 99.9% of the vehicle. I did the bypass 2 times and that is it and it worked both times.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?