Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

Wrench light goes on and transmision slips JA: The mechanics

Customer Question

wrench light goes on and transmision slips
JA: The mechanics can certainly shed some "light" on this -- sorry! Sometimes I can't help myself;-) Seriously, though, the mechanics are real masters when it comes to fixing things, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for this. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: its a 2011 ford escape
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no, but I would like to know what you think
JA: OK! The Ford Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: was there a recall on this problem with the throttle arm
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

There is a throttle body recall for complete loss of throttle control, but the symptoms don't include transmission slipping for that recall. On that recall, the throttle body stops responding to the press of the accelerator and will stall out the vehicle or have it idle as well as have the engine run rough.

On the transmission slipping, that is a different situation. The wrench is coming on to indicate there is a code on the tranmssion which means it could be electrical. Usually when the wrench light comes on, one of the shift solenoids is acting up and causing the slipping.

I suggest having the transmission code scanned to see if it is a solenoid and then you can have it changed out by only dropping the transmission pan. I don;t think it is a mechanical issue like a worn friction plate. I feel this one is electrical.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?