EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Ford f-250: I bought electric bucket seats out of 2012 F-250

Customer Question

I bought electric bucket seats out of 2012 F-250 Ford Truck. I'm going to put them in a 1995 F-250 Ford truck, I know I will have to modify the frames to make them fit that's not a problem. the problem the seats have a ton of wire how can I simplify this, all I want is to go back and forth & up and down, with them setting in my shop I have a hot battery and have hooked up several ways I can't even them to move, they were working before I pulled them out of the wrecked 2012 model.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 6 months ago.
Are the seats a 6 way power seat or a 10 way power seat?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They are 6 way
Ok. At the seat control switch, the violet/red wire needs to have power all the time and the black/blue wire is the ground. Can you at least try powering them up and seeing if the seat moves?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i have not had time to try this, will try in this week end when I get home & let you know. thanks
Ok. Let me know. We should be able to figure this out.