Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

2000 e 350 super duty, tranny is 4r100. tranny failed

Customer Question

2000 e 350 super duty, tranny is 4r100. tranny failed approximately 100 ft past a corner where I tapped the curb with my back time, didn't feel like a big hit but thought it might matter. failure was in the form of a faint plink noise at the same time of loss of power at wheels. Engine runs fine, van does not move when in park, free rolls in any other gear, with one rear tire off ground tire does not spin, can see movement through rear end to drive line, no fluid leaks, 5.4L gas. what might I expect to hear is my problem
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Are you sure it is is in the transmission? With something like that I would expect it to be in the rear axle by the spider gear either came apart. If in the transmission then I would only think a sun gear or main shaft issue. It could be a friction plate, but without looking at it myself, it will of course be just a guessing game.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.
I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating. Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond. I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not. We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Jeremy I'm not sure what led you to believe I've viewed your answer but this is the first chance I've had to get back to my computer since I posted my question. I'm going to come back to this later when I feel better. Just wondering Jeremy are you a certified tranny tech ?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.
It's an auto reply that was setup in the system. It is triggered after 3 days of no messaging back and forth so the question doesn't "go to sleep" until completed. It is just a way for me to move it back to the top of the list.Yes, I am a certified drivetrain tech.