Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

After installing a 1997 motor,transmission and transfer case

Customer Question

After installing a 1997 motor,transmission and transfer case in a 1999 explorer I found that the VSS in the 97 was located in the transfer case but in the transmission in the 99. Is there a way to overcome this/
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, I just found the problem
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Nothing I,m aware of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Have you tried connecting to see what you get on the cluster? A speedometer shop may have a jumper harness with a resistor to put inline or they can reprogram the cluster to work on the new transmission. Both transmisions use the similar hall sensor, but the RPMs for the speed versus signal is different. The old cluster just needs the programming for the new cluster. Otherwise a nee transmission dor the vehicle will be what is needed or st least move the parts over into the old case.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.
I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating. Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond. I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not. We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.