Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Trying to replace the brake caliper on the passenger side,

Customer Question

Trying to replace the brake caliper on the passenger side, rear, on my 2009 Taurus X. Cannot remove the parking brake cable.
JA: When it comes to solving emergency brake issues, getting the right information makes all the difference. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's pretty much it. Been struggling with this all day. The spring is free and the cable is unhooked, but cannot free it from the housing.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Force
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 5 months ago.
Why dont you just unbolt the e brake cable holder off of the caliper.